I know that camDown FREE and your mother would say the same.
The Calhoun County Fair started in 1848, making it Michigan's longest-running county fair.
Calhoun County fair week is less than two weeks away. Opening day is Saturday, August 14, 2021. Tickets for events are on sale now. You can purchase tickets for just the events you wish to attend or there is an option to purchase 'Mega Passes' that allow purchasers to attend all Grandstand events for one discounted price. Click here to purchase tickets. There's good news for those short on cash as multiple free events are scheduled each day.
Multiple vents are scheduled for each day in addition to the traditional rides and games that accompany a fair. Here are the highlights for each day:
- 10 a.m. Antique Tractor Pulls (Grandstand) - FREE
- 4 p.m. Open Horse Pulls (Grandstand) - FREE
- 9 a.m. Mini Horse & Donkey Show (Covered Arena)
- 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. Lawnmower races (Grandstand) $15, $5 for Kids
- 6 p.m. Fair King & Queen Pageant (Community Tent) - FREE
- Heroes Day – All Active Duty, Veterans, and Emergency Service Personnel receive FREE gate entry
- 12 p.m. Flag Raising Ceremony (Fair Office)
- 7 p.m. Lost Nations Rodeo (Grandstand) - $15 infield/$12 GS/$5 Kids
- Kids Day – Activities in the Belcher Building 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- 1 p.m. Bike Giveaway (Community Stage)
- 7 p.m. KOI Drag Racing (Grandstand) - $15 infield/$12 GS/$5 Kids
- Senior Day – Activities in the Belcher Building 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Sponsored by: Oaklawn, Borgess, Bronson, and RHA
- 7 p.m. Truck Pulls (Grandstand) - $15 infield/$12 GS/$5 Kids
- FireKeepers Casino Hotel Team Member Day
- 7 p.m. Combine Derby (Grandstand) - $15 infield/$12 GS/$5 Kid
- 7 p.m. Big Equipment Soccer Game (Grandstand) - $20 infield/$15 GS/$5 Kids
- 12 p.m. Show of Champions (Covered Arena)
- 2 p.m. Bike Give-a-way (Community Stage)
- 6: 30 p.m. Demolition Derby (Grandstand) - $20 infield/$15 GS/$5 Kids
You can view the full schedule of events by clicking here.
The Calhoun County Fair was first held November 5, 1839, behind what is now the Presbyterian Church, and was run by the first Calhoun County Agricultural & Industrial Society. The main reason for the fair was to educate the area farmers on the newest technology available at that time. The Calhoun County Agricultural & Industrial Society reorganized in 1848 and held the next gathering at Capital Hill in 1849. It was at that time they decided to make it a yearly event, and it has existed as such ever since.
While rides for fairs are regularly packed up and moved to the next city, these rides at Disneyland are many decades old. Scroll down to take a peek...
LOOK: Oldest Disneyland Rides From 1955 to Today
Stacker, set out to compile a definitive list of every Disneyland attraction you can enjoy today and ranked them by their age. Using real-time data from Touring Plans, Disney archives, and historical news releases and reviews, our list starts with exciting recent park additions and stretches back to the oldest opening-day classics. This list focuses on the original Disneyland Park, so you will not see any rides from its neighboring California Adventure located just across the promenade. Read on to discover the oldest Disneyland rides you can still ride today.
Looking at those rides makes me wonder why these Disney movies have never been made into rides.
10 Disney Movies That Deserve Their Own Rides
Here are 10 Disney movies that we think would make particularly great theme park rides, whether it be a dark ride, flume ride, or rollercoaster.
Firstly as we move on, can I just say that camDown FREE is your security solution to protect you and your business from webcam hackers!